ARIA actively seeks opportunities to leverage the joint strengths and collective experience of its members to support work to reduce the impact of vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) in our region. ARIA also responds to requests for assistance from regional governments, global immunisation partners, non-government organisations and other partners through the ARIA Hub. To request any immunisation-related support, please do not hesitate to contact us.
ARIA provides expertise in immunisation and VPDs, including, but not limited to the following areas:
- communication, including in crisis response
- immunisation coverage – surveillance, data analysis and response
- immunisation program delivery, including workforce, cold chain and other logistics
- immunisation social and behavioural aspects, practical barriers and uptake
- new vaccine development, clinical studies, trials and impact evaluation
- new vaccine introduction
- support for national immunisation technical advisory groups (NITAGs) and other evidence-based decision-making approaches related to immunisation
- training and education in immunisation and VPD control
- vaccine program evaluation, including for the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI)
- vaccine safety and adverse events following immunisation surveillance
- VPD epidemiology, including surveillance, outbreak response, management and research – collect, analyse, interpret and report data for action
- VPD outbreak management – detection and response.